1965 MGB FIA Racecar
Pull door handle MGB shell built to FIA race standards with current FIA papers. Recent Mass Racing Ltd. race engine built to FIA spec. Sealed by Motorsport UK. Tested but not raced.
Initially built by Jim Lowry then developed by Andy Willis (Hall and Hall)
Ongoing development and maintenance (also raced) by Mike Entwisle of MG Workshop.
Raced extensively in Europe with Mark Prutton and Mike Entwisle.
Various class wins and pots at Spa, Hockenheim, Nurburgring Oldtimer including a class win at the Eifelrennen in 2015. Lap record for Class at Donington. Lapped the full Nurburgring Nordschleife and F1 track in 11:07
* MASS engine full FIA-spec 1853 cc Scrutineer Sealed
* FIA papers till 31/12/25
* 48 Weber
* Engine fresh April 2022 , tested but not raced.
* 3 sync S/C box, bought from Warwick Banks. Refreshed Jan 17
* 4.3 diff with LSD
* 120L fuel tank, good for 3hr + endurance racing.
* Adjustable Armstrong rear shocks
* Usual MGB tweaks (anti roll bar, springs etc etc)
* FIA papers renewed in 2016 No: 37959
* New belts Exp 2026
* Recaro FIA seat 2017 Expired 2021
* Matching spare Recaro (fitted as passenger seat, but out of date)
* 2 Sets of Dunlop Ls
* Racelogic V BOX and OLED display plus Transponder
This is a proper authentic car that looks as it should look. Oil cooler mounted in the right place (no holes in the front valance - not allowed)
Never had any quibbles with scrutineers in Europe, who are really keen on authenticity.
The car is on black competition wires, as per the team cars, not nasty Minilites. This is classic car racing not BTCC, you've got to look right when you win.